2014/01/21

BLACK RICE PUDDING

      { comfort & decadence }

1 1/2 cups Black Rice                                                                   1 Lime
3 cups Water                                                                               one handful brazil nuts
1/2 cup Coconut milk                                                                    2-3 Tbsp Coconut milk
1/2 tsp Salt                                                                                  any fruit, sliced to serve
1 tsp Genmai Su ( optional)
1/4 cup Coconut Sugar

In a pot, cover the rice with water, genmai su and salt and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer for about 40-50 minutes with the lid on. Add the coconut milk and sugar in the last 10 minutes, stir a few times.
Slice the lime, fruit of choice and brazil nuts. To assemble, put black rice in a bowl and top with fruit, lime, nuts and drizzle with coconut milk. Enjoy!


Everytime I cook some black rice I immediately reminisce about my trip to Bali over a year ago.
It was there when I first tried this delicious bowl bursting with flavours and I was completely hooked from the first bite on towards now! When it was on the menu, I ordered it without thinking twice, not knowing when would be the last time. Back in cold and grey Germany I tried to hold on to the happy island feeling and warmth. So how do you think I did this? Yes, of course by adding some bali scents and foods into my kitchen and routine. And senses play a huge part at reminiscing and dwelling in memories. They almost let you feel, see, taste and smell everything you felt in the past! So when eating this creamy pudding, filling my kitchen with its sweet rice aroma, my head is off on the island again, sun kissed and feeling total bliss while munching along the rice pudding!
It can be served as breakfast or as a dessert. Try it out and escape the winter for a few minutes. It feels and tastes so good even when you eat it for the first time without island-connection-nostalgia!
Plus, it looks more fancy and interesting than the plain old white rice pudding, am I right?


Love from my nostalgic heart,
Gina

Kommentare:

  1. This looks delicious, I will try it out. Thanks for the recipe.

    AntwortenLöschen
  2. Florina Teodorescu3. September 2014 04:55

    Yum! Just finished a bowl of this wonderful pudding. Thanks for the recipe, it brought a little Bali into my home :-)

    AntwortenLöschen

Drop me a line!